We met with the surgeon this morning. He confirmed that Eli has an inguinal hernia - his right testicle is swollen to about 4 times the normal size! I could tell that it was really hurting him when he had a bath last night...anyway, we've scheduled the surgery for the next available Friday - in October. That way, I can take the day off, stay with him all weekend and he should be okay to go back to Grandma/Grandad's on Monday. Of course, the little voice in my head says that if there are complications we'll have to take him to the ER...(I'm not listening!)
My grandmother will be able to move from the rehab place by the 12th - we think. That means that my mom and I have to spend some time visiting places for one that will be acceptable to Gram. She really thinks she's going back to her house, though! (Wrong - too far away for us to make sure she's getting what she needs...) If anyone needs any Avon, though, I'm finding myself carrying Gram's books. Let me know if you want to place an order.
Since Husband is without a secretary, I spend many evenings doing his 'grunt' work. Typing, filing, faxing, etc. - so now I have four jobs and this one doesn't pay one dime! Anybody want to apply?
We've given up on the mice catching. Husband thinks he's sent them away to the neighbor's yards. I'm glad that he's put the traps away - I didn't want to help get them off the traps...yuck!
Eli is now talking more and more. His new thing is to say, "no, no, no!" and run away from you when you correct him. So, yesterday it was my dad's turn to hear that and he didn't know what to do! (I know Dad's heard it before - from me - but not from Eli!) He is also picking up the telephones and saying, "Hello." And, as any big helper will do, he picks up my shoes and brings them to me when I ask if he's ready to go!
Jen's doing okay this week. I'm counting down the days until I can hug her and the boys...Thanks, friends, for continuing to ask about them. Cancer/death stinks.
2 comments:
I'm glad that the surgery will be soon, it sounds like Eli is uncomfortable. Poor guy...
Hope that you're having a good week!!
I"m so sorry you're going through all of this with Eli. It's terrible to watch you're baby hurting. IT's so weird to talk to you on blog and not see you at work!
Post a Comment