Will it make your child more 'nerdish' - is that a word? - if, at six years old, you sign him up for the chess club at school? Perhaps. But, David would be proud to know that Jen is carrying on with their plan for the boys.
Most of you don't know that Jen and I are nerds at heart. We watch the spelling bee annually together - but apart. We watch the bee and talk on the phone at the same time while we are in our own homes. What nerds are we? (That's a rhetorical question!)
Although we have made numerous trips between Kentucky and Texas to do things together, the bee is not one we have chosen to be in the same state for...however, this year, Davey got to stay up late to watch the bee!
So, back to my original question:
Will it make Davey more 'nerdish' to be in the chess club in kindergarten? Is that in the sniglet dictionary?
3 comments:
Oh y'all are such nerds!!! That's okay - I'm an Olympic nerd!!! I just finished watching some events that I had recorded - like water polo and equestrian! :) I had already watched synchronized swimming!!!
Actually we all are geeks - not nerds.
Geeks are intelligent, nerds think they are!!! :)
Love ya!
Jodi Sue :)
I've never met someone who actually watches the spelling bee.... Can you spell those words? I sure can't.
MY kids play World of Warcraft and Dungeons and Dragons. I think they score higher on the nerd scale than Eli. :)
-Daralee
Post a Comment