Saturday, May 1, 2010

Spring Break

As we have done for most of the past 14 spring breaks, Mom and I headed to Missouri. This year, with Gram gone, it was weird to not have her waiting with the garage door open, chicken in the oven and potatoes boiling for mashed potatoes.  Lots of times, there would be apple pie and cookies for us as well.

He tried to pack himself by taking all of our stuff out of the suitcase on the morning we left!  He giggled and giggled when I told him he could ride there in the car and not watch his movie on the DVD player!  (I guess he thought I was joking?)

But, we were able to see some of the family who lives in town and some family that lives not so far away. That definitely made the trip worth it!

One morning, we took Eli to ride on my Uncle Ronald’s tractor.  Eli thought it was so neat to ride so high up and kept asking to go back! I had never heard the tractor honk before and it is really puny.


We mostly enjoyed our visit with Uncle Ronald and Aunt Ruby - they let us 'invade' their house for the week!  Thanks, guys, see you this summer!

On our way out of town, we stopped at the cemetary again.  We had made a new 'topper' for Gram and Gramps' stone and wanted to place it before we headed out.  Eli and Mom posed with it.  I really miss them.


Eli is such a good traveler.  Of course, this time we had our new DVD player and we must have watched THE SOUND OF MUSIC at least 12 times between our drive up and back to Missouri.  But, we like the music and Eli sings along.  That is definitely something to witness!


When we got home, we had some SNOW!  How weird that it snowed in March in Texas...it was nice to see but I was just as happy for it to go!

No comments: