Monday, May 17, 2010

One Year Milestone


Tomorrow, it will be the one year anniversary of when my Gram passed away.  In many ways, it's hard to believe that it's been a year already and in many ways, I'm ready to pass that milestone.  Tomorrow also marks what I've been calling the 'downhill slide of 2009.'

The pic above was taken about two weeks before she passed.  Eli and I would go to visit her after school and he would have his snack while sitting on her bed.  We would sing to her and tell her about Eli's latest 'firsts' and activities of the day.

Even though she hated being away from her house, she loved being with us and enjoyed our daily visits so much.  Honestly, I loved having her here with us.  I hated that she wasn't able to live by herself anymore but she needed to be closer to us so we could help take care of her.  That's just what families do.

Miss you, Gram!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thoughts and prayers are with you.
Hugs coming your way.
Love,
Brenda

Jodi said...

Wow! Can't believe it's been a year.
Praying for y'all my dear friend!! Love ya!