Thursday, March 26, 2009

Sweet boy

Last week, being spring break, was one of the best weeks EVER! Eli is so much fun and being a mommy to him is always fun - and sometimes challenging.

Some new words/phrases for Eli this past week:
  • "Naked" - anytime we're changing his diaper, he says this! He also says it when he's running out of the bathroom from the tub into his room!
  • "No diaper!" - he says this all the time! Husband told him last week that he would soon go 'poop in the potty' like Mommy, Daddy, Grandma, Grandad, etc. So, now, Eli says "No diaper" and then "silly."
  • "Mower" or "Tractor" - whenever he sees a lawnmower, he starts to talk about mowing. Husband says he's excited about mowers because they're noisy. I know that when he's older and is, most likely, mowing our yard, he won't be as excited!
  • "I want my mommy!" - when he doesn't see me in his direct line of vision, he calls out! Love that boy!

I was thinking of a couple more but now that I'm here, they've left me. So, maybe I'll add later.

This morning, I went to check on him (like I always do) when I get up. He heard me come in his room and stood right up! "Oh, no," I'm thinking! "It's too early for you to be awake!"

I was able to give him a hug, tell him it was still 'night night' and he layed right back down. Okay, I told him to lay down for his 'cover' and he said, "K!"

I know other kids don't do that and I'm so lucky that he's so agreeable. Okay, not always, but mostly!

Eli's teacher told Husband yesterday that Eli is running away from the group and not following directions in school. Anyone have any advice?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Has the teacher realized that the boy is not even two yet? She needs to get real... they all run away and don't listen!
Brenda :)