We made it! We had a wonderful Christmas eve at home and then a wonderful Christmas day at my parents' house with my brother, his wife, my Gram and my parents. Of course, my boys were there with me.
We actually ended up taking two cars to my parents' house on Christmas morning. Not because we thought Eli would get a MOUNTAIN of gifts (yes, he did!) but that we knew it would be easier for him to nap at home that day.
So after the present opening frenzy and the wonderful lunch, Eli and Daddy headed home for naps. Husband says he didn't take his own nap but I'm not sure I believe him...
Anyway, when the mess was all cleaned up and the house put back to some sort of order, I headed home. Eli was up from his nap shortly after I came home and we went back to Mom and Dad's (in one car this time!)
Eli got the cutest little Radio Flyer car which has turn signals, music, and a horn that beeps. It also has a door and a small turn radius. It's so cute! It even has a push handle on the back for adults...we've all had a turn walking down the street.
I'll follow up with pictures soon but, for now, I need to finish cleaning the house. Husband's mother will be here tomorrow for a continued Christmas celebration.
2 comments:
i look forward to the pics! :)
-daralee
Hey Teena,
Long time no talk, email, lunch! It is my fault and I would love to get together with you and Jodi when she gets back.
Eli is such a doll. What a smile.
I will put in an order for stockings with Mom and Dad - I had some made way before kids and even though had the foresight to put on Aubriana's name and her future "sister" which isn't what happend I still called me and Gary by our adult names. You don't consider yourself Mommy and Daddy until some one 2 feet tall actually calls you that.
Enjoy your break.
Valerie
Post a Comment