Friday, July 24, 2009

A (mostly) photo entry

I love the summer! I love not having to be somewhere early in the morning and being home to hear, "Mommy, where are you?" when Eli gets up.

I love having breakfast with both my boys and sometimes lunch (and dinner), too.

I love going to the pool with Eli and my mom and having play dates with friends. I love sewing during naptime and late into the night. I also love finishing sewing projects and delivering things that have been 'cluttering' my space. (Sometimes there are too many projects and not enough space. When something gets finished, it's time for it to go to its' own home and then something else can take up that space!) I also love that I am doing an internet quilt swap! I added a slideshow to the side of this blog to show some of my projects but it's not currently working.

I love so much about summer that I'm sad it's almost over!

Here are some pics of what we've been doing!

We went to a birthday party not too long ago that included a petting zoo and pony rides. Here we are inside the little petting zoo with a couple of goats! Eli didn't like them charging at him but then he chased them down! (see below)

Eli said, 'Snack, goat!' and 'Here, goat!' after he warmed up to the rest of the animals in the space. He really enjoyed himself.

Eli also got to ride on a pony that afternoon. He held on to the saddle horn and had a nice ride - with the guy in the lead, of course! That's my little native Texan, ya'll!!

Eli was getting himself dressed and decided he needed to wear his shorts on his head. He'll probably be mad in a few years if he knows this was posted...but, doesn't he look cute 'showing his teeth' and wearing that new hat? This is a fashion statement, for sure!

The boys were playing and Eli put on his crazy hat! It reminds me of the kid from the cartoon Fat Albert - doesn't it look like he's wearing a shell on his head? My Gram won that hat this spring at Bingo. At least his shoes match his hat, right?
We read lots of books. Sometimes we snuggle under a quilt (imagine that!) and sometimes Elmo participates and sometimes he doesn't. This is one of the times he wasn't.

At our family reunion, Eli chose to drink his milk AND his water from a wine glass! It was so funny! The place wasn't very 'child friendly' so I let him choose anything he wanted so he'd be happy - who knew it would be a wine glass, though?

This is the quilt I made for Daddy. It has cars on it and also a block with cherries. Dad and I have had a 'thing' for cherries since I was in middle school. So, it was imperative that I include some cherry fabrics. Of course, he has a cherry quilt that I made him years ago but I felt he needed a new quilt to use during this cancer battle! As I'm typing this, I'm realizing that the pic is upside down! I guess I didn't notice while I was taking it - and we know that the quilt holder (aka Husband) wasn't paying attention, either! hahaha

We've seen my brother lots this summer! It's so fun to see Terry with Eli. Of course, Terry is coming up to see my dad but it's great for him to be able to spend some time with Eli, too! We've seen Kit this summer, too, but she's a bit camera shy...

As for Daddy, he's hanging in there. They weren't able to do his chemo on Thursday so he'll go back on Monday for another try. Please continue to pray that his body accepts the poision/treatment and that the cancer cells respond/die. It's been tough to see Daddy feeling so poorly. Please also pray for Mom as she continues to be the main caretaker - driver, errand girl, etc.
Thanks for everything, friends!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cheers to your mom! The role of wife/errand girl/gofer/"honey would you please"/Rock of Gibraltar is tough, but I know she is wearing it well. Go Barbara! And remember, chemo may suck, but it it STILL your friend!

Jen, Davey and Max

Rebecca said...

It looks like a good time by all. Do love the red hat oh so cute. Hope all are doing well and things are on the up.
Big Hugs
Bec