This weekend started out with a little shopping for our fat footed little boy. We have learned that we can consistently find wide shoes at Stride Rite. So, the plan had been that my mom would've already picked up Gram so that when I got there after school we could go shopping.
But, plans are made to change, right?
My parents had some car trouble so they didn't go pick up Gram after all. Mom, Eli and I then headed down to pick up Gram. After lots of shoe fitting and looking for the right size, we decided on some cute tennies. Eli wore them out of the store. After stopping at another store, we headed to dinner.
From dinner, we took Gram back to her place and headed to the school carnival. Somehow, we were an hour later than I had hoped we would be...could it be the extra trip to get Gram? It was good to have her with us even though she thinks she needs to go back to Missouri! (I'll save that story for another day!)
The school carnival was fun. Eli loved the music, the friends in costume and his glow in the dark skeleton shirt! My mom was a trooper and went with me since we were so late.
Saturday was a lazy day for the boys while I ran a few errands and taught my bowling class. I have been teaching this class for almost 20 years. That seems really strange to me - 20 years! The class is for adults with disabilities and isn't really like work at all. I mean, it is work but it's really a social gathering for the participants and they love to hear about Eli and what he's up to and I missed last weekend after his surgery...so, his health was a big topic.
Eli won't let me brush his teeth anymore. Anyone have any hints?
Sunday afternoon, we headed to the big pumpkin patch. My new header pic is from that day. Eli love the hayride, the hot dog, watching the other kids and the sheep! He didn't want to get too close to any of the animals but did say 'baaaa' and 'cow' at appropriate times!
We also celebrated my dad's birthday on Sunday. And, though we don't talk about how old he is, we know he thinks of himself as 'just a young guy!' Dad just loves Eli - it was fun to see my Gram and my dad 'fight for attention' from the little boy! Happy birthday, Dad!
So all in all, it was a fun filled weekend and we're gearing up for some 'melmo' (Elmo) visits this week. We received the coveted Elmo costume from Louisville last week and Eli has looked at the hat and carried it around almost daily since then. Today, we actually put it on him and he wore it around for awhile. When we took it off, he wanted to put it on again...Thanks to Lyn for making it, thanks to Jen for lending it!!!
3 comments:
I can hardly wait to see pics of Elmo #3! ~Lyn
Let him brush his own teeth. Seriously, leave him in the bathroom with the brush and paste on it and walk out. Peek around the corner. What's he doing?
I LOVE the pic!!
Happy Halloween, friend!
I was just looking at a pic of the Scrubbing Bubble.
:)
-daralee
Post a Comment