- Eli will have to have a hernia operation in the next couple of months, most likely. We need to visit another surgeon for another opinion.
- Gram is now in the hospital here in Texas. We've learned that her heart is too weak for a pacemaker, her kidneys are too weak for dialysis, she is still confused - maybe had a stroke? Tonight when Eli and I were leaving the hospital, she asked if I was going back to school. Today, she asked my mom if she was in Texas or Missouri - had no recollection of coming down here over a week ago.
- Husband has lots of quotes to take care of - what a blessing that the phone is ringing again!
- Jen and the boys were able to say their goodbyes to David in a fitting way that they'll remember for many years. Also, they are beginning to do some things that will make their new lives somewhat normal - going to DadDad and Googey's house, taking time to breathe and not entertain, etc. Still sending prayers that they'll learn to live this unexpected life without too much trouble and be able to honor David as well.
- Mom and Dad have decided to keep Eli while I work another year. As he grows older, we'll have many memories of the grandparents with Eli. What a blessing to have them willing and able (and capable) of caring for him. Although, my dad had him all day yesterday by himself and was really worn out. I hope Dad doesn't have him all by himself very often...
- Thursday was my first 'official' day to work. It was both good and bad to be back. Most of the other staff stayed overnight at the camp but I came home. After the events of the past couple of weeks, I needed some down time at home with my boys. And, from the sound of it, I slept much better than my team!
- Mom took me to work today so Dad would have a car. I won't tell you the whole, sordid tale - but we got stuck in the mud! It was an adventure and I walked into the building only 2 minutes late! Thanks for that funny memory, Mom!
- Our guest speaker at the teacher rally - rah! rah! Have a great year! - was Ron Clark. What a gifted teacher - I hope to be only have as energized as he is when I'm in my classroom!
Have a great weekend!
No comments:
Post a Comment