Thursday, July 21, 2011

Quilts

Part of being 'off' for the summer is catching up on things I neglect during the school year.

Some of the things neglected are sewing projects, cleaning the house, organizing closets, etc.  I have spent some time getting caught up in the sewing room and have even purchased a new shelf to help keep that room a bit more organized.

Brenda's quilt.  Special request for my Alaskan outdoorsy friend!  She loves it so much that she won't put it on the wall in her bedroom as it was intended!  It was to 'replace' a quilt I made for her over 10 years ago...

Becky's quilt:  All Minshew or district shirts for a special coach that is moving to a different building.  Boohoo!  Miss her already!

Denim quilt:  Includes my grandfather's overalls, my dad's jeans, my brother's jeans, my mom's jeans and also my husband's jeans.  I predict that I'll have to make another one - and you know there's plenty of jeans left over!  Very heavy without batting...I just put a flannel backing and binding on this one.

Eli's holding one of his blankies that I had to fix...

There are other quilts that I've finished but didn't include due to the fact that they haven't been delivered yet.  So stay tuned to see what's next!!

Is anybody even reading this blog anymore?

1 comment:

Candie said...

What a precious gift for Becky! I love the quilt!